Create a transaction
This article is for Operators only.
- Create transactions in accounts in which you have the Creator role. Verify this information on the Account dashboard.
Before you start
- Learn more on Transactions before getting started.
- Be aware of the transaction rules defined in the account. Go to Accounts > Account dashboard > .
- Before sending large amounts, we recommend you send a small amount first to verify the transaction was properly received by the recipient.
- If you're making a large transaction, you might be asked to consolidate UTXOs beforehand. For more information, see Consolidate UTXOs.
Your Ledger Blue Enterprise must be connected to your computer, switched on, and the Ledger Vault app opened.
It's not possible to create transactions when:
- The account is pending to be edited.
- A group or a whitelist used in the transaction rules of the account is pending to be edited.
- Click Send on the left panel.
- Select the Account to debit.
- Enter the Recipient address or select one from the drop-down list if a whitelist has been linked to the account.
- Enter the Amount to be transferred.
- Select the Transaction fees. The amount varies depending on the selected processing speed. For more information, see TransactionsIf you select a slow processing speed, it'll take a few days for your transaction to be confirmed.
- Additional fields to fill in depending on the selected crypto asset:
- Ethereum:(optional) Select the Custom toggle, and enter a different Max fees. If the fees you enter are too low, your transaction will take longer to confirm.
- XRP:(optional) Enter the recipient's Destination tag.
- XLM:(optional) Select the recipient's Memo type from the drop-down list and enter the Memo. A slow speed is selected by default for XLM transactions. This is to ensure you never pay more than what the network requires when creating the request.
- (optional) Click Advanced and select a UTXO selection strategy. This field appears for UTXO-based coins only.
- Merge outputs: To select UTXOs which have the lowest amounts. This is the method used by default.
- Optimize size: To select UTXOs which have the highest amounts.
- Deep outputs first: To select UTXOs which have the highest amount of confirmations on the blockchain.
- Enter a meaningful Title that will help you identify the transaction quickly.
- Enter additional details in the Comments field.
- Click Next.
- Review the summary of the transaction.
- Click Create transaction.
- Verify that the information displayed on your device is accurate. If it's not, either try again or contact Support.
- Tap Confirm when prompted by your device to confirm.
A Create transaction request is created. Depending on the approval workflow defined for the account, the request might need to be approved by other Operators.
Go to the account's details page (Account > Account dashboard >) to review the approval workflow.
The request is submitted for approval to the necessary Operators, and must be processed before the 7-day expiry date. If the request expires a new one must be created. The transaction will be broadcasted to the blockchain network once all approvals have been collected.