Create a transaction
This article is for Operators only.
- Create transactions in accounts in which you have the Creator role. Verify this information on the Account dashboard.
Before you start
- Learn more on Transactions before getting started.
- Be aware of the transaction rules defined on the account. Go to Accounts > Account dashboard > .
- Before sending large amounts, we recommend you send a small amount first to verify the transaction was properly received by the recipient.
- If you're making a large transaction, you might be asked to consolidate UTXOs beforehand. For more information, see Consolidate UTXOs.
Your Ledger Blue Enterprise must be connected to your computer, switched on, and the Ledger Vault app opened.
It's not possible to create transactions when:
- Another transaction is Pending approval in the account.
- The account has the Pending edition status.
- A group or a whitelist used in the transaction rules of the account has the Pending edition status.
- Click Send on the left panel.
- Select the Account from which the funds should be transferred.
- Enter the Recipient address or select one from the drop-down list if a whitelist has been linked to the account.
- Enter the Amount to be transferred.
- Transaction fees:
- (Bitcoin and Altcoins only) Select the transaction's processing speed from the Transaction fees drop-down list. The amount varies depending on the selected speed.
At this stage, the total gas fee is only estimated. The final fee will be displayed on the Transaction detail dialog once it has been broadcasted to the network.If you've defined a gas price that is too low, it'll take a few days before your ERC20 transaction is confirmed by the blockchain network.
- (Ethereum and ERC20 token only) Make sure you're satisfied with the prefilled Gas price and Gas limit. The medium rate is displayed by default. You can enter a lower or higher amount in these fields but note that this will impact the processing speed.
- (Ripple only) Enter the recipient's Destination tag if required.
- (optional) Click Advanced and select a UTXO selection strategy.
- Merge outputs: To select UTXOs which have the lowest amounts. This is the method used by default.
- Optimize size: To select UTXOs which have the highest amounts.
- Deep outputs first: To select UTXOs which have the highest amount of confirmations on the blockchain.
- Enter a meaningful Title that will help you identify the transaction quickly.
- Enter additional details in the Comments field.
- Click Next.
- Review the summary of the transaction.
- Click Create transaction.
- Verify that the information displayed on your device is accurate. If it's not, either try again or contact Support.
- Tap Create when prompted by your device to confirm.
A Create transaction request is created. Depending on the approval workflow defined for the account, the request might need to be approved by other Operators.
Go to the account's details page (Account > Account dashboard >) to review the approval workflow.
The request is submitted for approval to the necessary Operators, and must be processed before the 7-day expiry date. If the request expires a new one must be created. The transaction will be broadcasted to the blockchain network once all approvals have been collected.