- Follow the steps below to get up and running with the Ledger Vault.
Quick start guide for Administrators
Get started by inviting Operators who will work daily in your workspace.
- Send Ledger Blue Enterprise devices to the designated Operators.
- Ask Operators to:
- Initialize the Ledger Blue Enterprise.
- Send you the User ID displayed on the Vault app dashboard using your organization's preferred communication channel.
- Invite users to your workspace using the User ID and send the invitation URL to the Operator using your organization's preferred communication channel.
- Ask the Operator to connect to the URL and Register on the Ledger Vault using their device.
- Once done, a request is created and must be approved by Administrators. The necessary number of approvals is defined in the admin rule. See Approve or reject a request.
Consider using groups to gather Operators together. For example, you might want to have a group of Operators working in the same location or who have the same level of responsibility.
- In your workspace, Create a group.
- A Create group request is created and must be approved by Administrators.
- Once the request is approved you can start using the group in accounts.
Consider creating whitelists to organize public addresses into lists that you can then assign to specific accounts. By doing so, you allow Operators in these accounts to send funds to these addresses and eventually define a distinct approval workflow.
- In your workspace, Create a whitelist.
- A Create Whitelist request is created and submitted for approval to Administrators.
- Once the request is approved you can start using this whitelist in accounts.
- Learn more on Workspace administration and define how you want to set up the transaction rules.
- Create an account.
- A Create account request is submitted for approval to Administrators. See Approve or reject a request.
- Once the request is approved the account is active and ready to be used.
- Generate a receiving address for the account and transfer funds.
Any requests created in your workspace can be tracked either from the dashboard or the Requests page.
Quick start guide for Operators
Get started by going to the Accounts page to find out which accounts you've been granted access to. In the table, check the Roles column to see which role you've been assigned:
- Creator: you can create transaction requests in that account and generate receive addresses.
- Approver: you can approve transaction requests created in that account and generate receive addresses.
If your accounts aren't credited, click Receive in the left panel to Generate a receiving address for each of them and transfer funds.
You can create transaction requests in accounts in which you have the Creator role and that are credited.
Depending on how the account has been configured by Administrators, you might encounter restrictions in terms of amount you can send and/or allowed recipients.
To find out how transaction rules are configured in an account, go to Accounts > Account dashboard > and open the transaction rules section.
Finally, once the request is created, it must be approved by Operators selected in the approval workflow of this rule.
Once you've created a transaction request, you can follow its status from the Transactions page.