Generate a receiving address
- Generate a public address for accounts you've got access to. Note that a new address is generated on Bitcoin and Bitcoin-like accounts each time you create a transaction or receive funds.
- Regenerate an existing public address.
Before you start
Your Ledger Blue Enterprise must be connected to your computer, switched on, and the Ledger Vault app opened.
- Click Accounts on the left panel.
- Click the name of account for which you want to generate an address.
- Click Receive in the top right corner.
- Advanced users only: To regenerate an existing Bitcoin address, open the Advanced drop-down, delete the last digits of the derivation path and enter the address index. Otherwise, leave this field as is to generate a new address.
- Click Verify on device.
- Verify that the address displayed both on your Ledger Blue Enterprise and on-screen are identical.
If they are:
- Identical, tap Confirm.
- Not identical, tap Cancel. Carefully verify the generated address and try again or contact Support if in doubt.
You've generated a public address and a QR code (displayed on your device only) for the selected account.